To obtain a position lets me use my expertise in business and technology to deliver great user experiences that yield market success.
Lead the product organization and run the global video ad business for Conversant (part of Epsilon). Manage the product management, product marketing and design groups.
Built Data Visualization, Analytics & Insights Product to tell the story of video campaigns. Grew the organization from single-digit numbers to an acquisition and tens of million in sales.
Director of Product for for video, audio, mobile & emerging media products and platforms that power the CNET sites. Significant accomplishments include:
- Development and launch of CNET’s Webby award winning video site, CNET TV. This immersive video environment is the #1 ranked tech video site, drawing millions of users, who watch tens of millions of streams per month, offering significant revenue opportunities for CNET.
- Led the mobile/emerging media team to launch CNET apps for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, GoogleTV, Roku, Boxee, and Samsung as well as the mobile and tablet sites for CNET.
- Designed and led a team of engineers to build a video content management system & API that now power all CNET & CBS News video content.
- Led product development and launch for the innovative CNET Live site. CNET Live streams 15 – 20 hours of live original content each week in an environment that drives significant user engagement. CNET Live allowed CNET to monitize previously revenue stagnant podcast content by creating desirable media opportunities.
- Led a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers, production, marketing, business intelligence and others to develop, maintain, improve, and innovate on some of CNET’s most significant properties.
Led development of e-Learning and remote labs platform from conception to global deployment. Day to day responsibility for management of development, including design, technical development, and deployment of this complex system, which consisted of online courses, remote lab access to networking equipment and a global support infrastructure connecting students with teachers. Worked regularly with customers to help build product roadmap, as well as with sales and marketing teams.
As the second employee of TrailBreaker.com, personally built its engineering and IT team. Responsible for day-to-day management of software engineers and IT groups; also worked as an active engineer. Contributing member of the company management team, participating close in developing company strategy. Led development of several major projects, including a content management system, bug tracking system, and a Web site traffic/commerce reporting and analytics system.
TrailBreaker was acquired by Jacent under my engineering tenure, primarily for the analytics product I helped develop. After acquisition I led the integration of analytics with Jacent’s eCommerce product.
Managed Web development projects at Web publishing and Internet software development company. Worked directly with customers from pre-sales phase though project completion. Worked with clients to define project requirements and scope, then translated that into technical specifications for software development team. Managed seven employees.
Entrepreneurship and Computer Science Concentrations